AviRules3003 - Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • IGN of the account you are appealing for:
    • AviRules3003

• Staff member who punished you:
    • Alacroy // Server Owner

• Were you banned or muted/for what reason?
    • I was banned for connect exactly 31 accounts onto MuxMC Network and abusing a bypass in the chat filter with certain words or phrases. I emphasized the point with spamming the network's faction server with an example bypass to try and prove the point that it needed to be fixed.

• Do you believe that your punishment is justified (simple yes or no)?
    • I believe the punishment as a ban is completely justified but I however, not believe that the length of the ban is reasonable. Most server do punish spam botting as a blacklistable offence and take it very seriously. However, In my case, the overall intent of the punishment was never too spam the server or cause distress. The intent that was in mind was that of to get the servers flaw's fixed. This is shown when an Admin on the server, Bobby, told me to stop spamming. I immediately cooperated and turned off the accounts. From that point onward, I prevented the bots from creating any other type of disturbance and continued on with life until the owner notified me of my punishment and I was banned.

• Why should we revoke your punishment?
    • As said above, the intent was not to spam the server or cause any sort of distress or chaos on the server. It was purely to emphasize a point that I had been making for quite a while now. With prior experience on servers, I knew after a while of slightly exploiting the bypass and watching others bypass it without and sort of repercussions, I decided to take matters into my own hands and show the server what this could potentially lead to. Another reason my punishment should be revoked is because during the time of the spamming, no damage was done and the accounts spammed at approximately every 5000ms when theoretically I could have gone more then twice as fast. This all can lead to a conclusion to which my primary motive for spamming the server was not to hurt but to improve it overall. Finally, although this is not a reason, I did apologize and fully cooperate with Alacroy in discord dm's when he was alerted of the incident.

• Other information (optional):
    • Most of my faction rely on me checking walls when they cannot be on. Along with checking walls, I also cannon for the faction and its pretty hard to manage them when I cant be on the server. Anyways, Thank you for reading this application and Have a great day!

TheFallen96

Administrator
AviRules3003,

Although I will not accept or deny this appeal because I am not the staff member that banned you. I would like to remind you that I warned you about using your bot spam once before this event. I specifically said that you would be banned if you did it again, so this punishment seems very just in my eyes.

Best of luck,
Admin Bobby

Hey Bobby,

I am pretty sure you are getting things confused. You warned me that I would be punished after I was done spamming the N-Word. This is the same event that got me banned. Thanks again man!

Avi

Melvard

AviRules3003

Many servers not only ban for bot-spamming, some also IP-ban. Using spam bots to emphasize a point is completely ridiculous. Why couldn't you just make a suggestion or message a staff member personally? What made you think using a spam-bot would do any good? If someone is bypassing the filter, you should report it! All in all, complete ridiculous idea. Anyway, Alacroy will make the verdict.

Hey Avi,

Personally, I think you didn't mean to harm the server more than a joke, truthfully I think if you were wanting to harm the server you would have spammed much, much, much more and for a much longer time, but I also don't think you were trying to emphasize on a point, I think you're either using that as filler for your ban appeal or you're trying to make it seem like you had somewhat decent intentions.

While that doesn't really matter, it still happened, but either way, I think you're a somewhat okay guy who has made a few dumb, this being your dumbest by far, mistakes on this server, and I think you somewhat care about it, I would hope, even though it's had its issues, I will lessen your ban to even less than what I told you it would be, it will be for 15 days, which is the remainder of the season, but you are able to buy an unban.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to tell everyone, we are no longer being lenient on appeals, if your appeal is bad, it will be denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.